Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Resolved/Unresolved column (Was: [Wireshark-users] Adding DS

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 13:32:02 +0200
On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 08:48:39 +0200, Stig Bjørlykke <stig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>> It could be added here, as a checkbox item, on the dropdown menu, and
>> enabled
>> when applicable
>
> Please try a development release with revision 33317 or higher for a
> snapshot of this feature.  It's only implemented for custom columns
> and is not ready for release yet, but it shows the functionality.
>
> If this seems to be the solution we have to implement:
> - Other columns than custom, hostnames, port numbers etc.
> - Implement the setting in the columns preferences window.
> - Save the selections in the preferences.

Hi Stig,

I've just looked at 1.5.0-SVN-33319, and it works as advertised.
We will receive more requests to turn text fields into proper items, which
is a Good Thing(sm).

I've been thinking about your remarks a little more:
- We could stick with doing this for custom columns only. Build in type
could be tricky due to interaction with resolvers.
- Indeed there should be a checkbox added to column preferences, when
adding/manipulating a custom column, when the hf permits.
- The settings should indeed be saved as a preference.

Thanks,
Jaap