Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Resolved/Unresolved column (Was: [Wireshark-users] Adding DSCP c

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 08:29:25 +0200
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-users] Adding DSCP column in Wireshark 1.4.0rc1
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 15:01:36 -0700
From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Community support list for Wireshark <wireshark-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Jun 23, 2010, at 2:54 PM, Jaap Keuter wrote:

That would required the option of having custom columns with unresolved values.
An interesting concept in itself.

> ...which might let us have the type of column and resolved vs. unresolved as > separate notions, even for non-custom columns.

Indeed for build-in columns too, where this option would be made available when the format string matches "%[ur].*".

For custom columns it would be made available when the header field has a FIELDCONVERT value != NULL.

It could be added here, as a checkbox item, on the dropdown menu, and enabled when applicable

 Sort Ascending
 Sort Descending
 No Sorting
----------------
 Resolved
 Align left
 Align center
 Align right

And it must be offered as an option in the column preferences dialog, of course.

Now we just have to work it into the data structures and column preference file.

Thanks,
Jaap