Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Install catastrophe

From: Balint Reczey <balint.reczey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 16:21:11 +0200
Hi Gethro,

Have you checked those sites?:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wireshark/+bug/513903

Or this file?:
/usr/share/doc/wireshark-common/README.Debian

Cheers,
Balint

PS: It is a -dev list BTW.

On 06/22/2010 01:09 PM, Geoffrey C. Brown wrote:
To all,
This is my first post so please forgive the naivety. I have been trying
to install Wireshark for several days now...
The overarching problem is that I am unable to see the eth0 and wlan
capture devices.
I am using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS - the Lucid Lynx and Wireshark 1.2.7 was
installed and having the above issues.
I downloaded the current tar's from GTK+, Glib, baycc, and Wireshark.
I followed the install directions listed on the site and still haven't
had any luck...
In advance, thank you for any help you might be able to shed on this
problem...
Regards,
Gethro