Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Creating a Wireshark installer with my dissector in it

From: Brian Oleksa <oleksab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 16:45:45 -0400
Gerald  /  All

I got it to work. This is what I was missing.

	Add

		File "..\..\plugins\xxx\xxx.dll"

	to the list of "File" statements in the "Dissector Plugins"
	section in packaging/nsis/wireshark.nsi.

*NEXT QUESTION....*
Can an installer be made for Linux as well...??

Thanks,
Brian

Gerald Combs wrote:
Brian Oleksa wrote:
All

I have created a wireshark dissector and it works great. When I am out in the field I like to use this dissector. But first I have to install wireshark on each laptop then drop my .dll in the plugins directory. I am just trying to cut out a step and create the installer with my dissector in place but I cannot get it to work. I can successfully create the installer... but my dissector is not included in it.

I have followed the instructions on this site (section 2.2.13).
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSetupWin32.html

My checked out wireshark code is in: c:\wireshark\trunk and my plugin is in the plugins directory with all the other plugins: C:\wireshark\trunk\plugins

When I run the following

C:\wireshark\trunk>nmake -f Makefile.nmake packaging

I get NO errors and it does indeed create the installer in the following directory C:\wireshark\trunk\packaging\nsis

But it does NOT include my dissector when I install it.

I have edited the Makefile.nmake in the nsis directory to include my plugins .dll file (but that didn't work)

I have also edited the Makefile.nmake in the plugins directory to include my plugins .dll file (but that didn't work either).

Does anybody know WHY this is not working..??

Have you added your plugin to packaging/nsis/custom_plugins.txt?