Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How can i run wireshark on Win CE

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 23:36:55 -0700
On Jun 7, 2010, at 11:32 PM, luoyantai wrote:

> Thank you for your suggestion,Mr Harris.You mean i just need to change the user interface part(frontend part)?

Perhaps.  That's *not* necessarily going to be easy, however.

Note, however, that Wireshark was originally written for UN*X, and it relies on GLib's wrappers around various Windows functions to make it look enough like Windows to work.  Whether that will work on Windows CE is another matter; if GLib hasn't been ported to Windows CE, you will have to port it.

> and the wireshark call the wpcap.dll in capture part,i need to use a version of winpcap which can run on WinCE to replace it ,is that right?

Yes, but the version of WinPcap for Windows CE might not still be supported, or might not even be available.

Making Wireshark work on Windows CE will probably be a difficult project and will probably take a lot of time, and I'm not sure who has had enough experience with Windows CE to help you (I haven't, so there's not much I can do to help you).