Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How can i run wireshark on Win CE

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 02:04:43 -0700
On Jun 7, 2010, at 1:33 AM, luoyantai wrote:

> My question is described in the title.If i want run wireshark on WinCE,what changes shoud i make about wireshark.I need some advices.Thank you

You will either need to

	1) find a version of GTK+ that works on Windows CE

or

	2) rewrite all the GUI code in Wireshark to use a GUI toolkit (native Windows, or something else) that works on Windows CE.

If you want to capture network traffic, you will also need a Windows CE version of WinPcap:

	http://www.winpcap.org/

(there was one at one point, but I'm not sure it still exists, and it wasn't supported by the WinPcap developers) or another libpcap-compatible Windows CE capture library/driver, or, if you have a Windows CE capture library/driver that's *not* libpcap-compatible, will need to modify dumpcap to use that library.