Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] custom columns in dissector

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 13:55:01 -0600
On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 10:27:28PM +0200, Andreas Schuler wrote:

> i'm writing a dissector and want to use custom columns for displaying
> some dynamic generated informations, but when i use
> proto_tree_add_none_format() the column remains empty although in the
> details the right values will be displayed. other proto_tree_add_...
> works but only show the value that comes direct from packet-data, no
> additional text etc.

Are you sure that FT_NONE is the appropriate field type to be using for
that?  To quote README.developer, "No field type.  Used for fields that
aren't given a value, and that can only be tested for presence or
absence..." - so there wouldn't be anything to be displayed in the
custom column.  What are the dynamic values you are displaying?

--
Steve