Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Sprintf weirdness

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 21:59:13 -0700
On Jun 1, 2010, at 9:31 PM, Eloy Paris wrote:

> Just a suggestion: why don't you try to use the PRIxxx macros defined in
> stdint.h? I believe they're pretty portable since they are specified by
> ISO C99.

Make that "pretty portable to platforms that support ISO C99"; unfortunately, Windows+Microsoft Visual Studio, which is the platform he's using now, doesn't happen to be one of those platforms.  Microsoft might happen to have implemented that particular C99 feature, but they don't claim to have implemented all of C99, and I don't think they have.