Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] run wireshark from the build directory

From: Toralf Förster <toralf.foerster@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 11:01:02 +0200
Hello,

I like to run wireshark from the build directory ~(/devel/wireshark). By this I  have a working installed version (under the prefix /usr/local/) and a runable dev version.

However the version of the build directory lacks a minor feature : It needs this symlink :
tfoerste@n22 ~/devel/wireshark $ ll /usr/local/share/wireshark
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 31 May 20 10:49 /usr/local/share/wireshark -> /home/tfoerste/devel/wireshark/

to get all (not mportant however) functionality of the dev version working.

Now I'm wondering whether this symlink can ba avoided or not.

--
MfG/Sincerely
Toralf Fï¿œrster

pgp finger print: 7B1A 07F4 EC82 0F90 D4C2 8936 872A E508 7DB6 9DA3