Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Capture triggers and 1.4

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 15:01:20 -0700
On May 25, 2010, at 9:36 AM, Gerald Combs wrote:

> Bugs 2039 and 3967 contain two completely different capture trigger
> enhancements. Has anyone tested or reviewed them? It would be nice if we
> could get some sort of triggering in 1.4.

3967 looks interesting, although, unfortunately, he uses -k for the "start" trigger, and -k already means "start the capture once the app is started" in Wireshark, and we should ultimately support this in Wireshark and TShark as well.

We could make "-G" mean "start the capture once the app is started" in Wireshark, and use -k in TShark/Wireshark/dumpcap for the start trigger.