Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Regarding Compilation of Custom Dissector

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 10:53:49 -0400
Vishal Kumar Singh wrote:
Hi All,

I have to compile and test the wireshark dissector written by someone.
> > But, When I try to compile the code, I get multiple errors of same kind.
Although, the .so file was already there(it means, there is no problem with the dissector code), but when, I did make clean and then, make. I get these errors, probably due to two files config.h and epan/packet.h. These are the common errors for every dissector code and in every m/c( it means, there is no problem with wireshark source). Kindly, suggest me the probable reason for this.

It sounds like a ./configure (at least) wasn't done in your build environment.

I suggest following the build procedure as described in the Wireshark Developer's Guide.

./autogen.sh
./configure
make

See: http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSrcBuildFirstTime.html#id4887712

PS: In the future please just copy/paste text error output into an EMail rather than attaching image files.