Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] MacOSX snow leo integration

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 17:37:53 -0700
On May 23, 2010, at 4:32 AM, H.sivank wrote:

> Le 23 mai 2010 à 04:30, Guy Harris a écrit :
>
>> Is there any reason to continue to support the old API?
>
> Maybe some mac 10.4.x users ...
>
>> If not, we should probably just continue to use HAVE_IGE_MAC_INTEGRATION for this, and just change the code to use the new API.
>
> This is a patch which removes old API and uses HAVE_IGE_MAC_INTEGRATION.

OK, I didn't understand that the 0.9.x version of the library isn't just a small change - it sounds as if it's a completely new implementation, so that 0.8.x is a thing called "ige-mac-integration" and 0.9.x is a completely different thing called "GtkOSXApplication", sharing nothing with 0.8.x other than the name -ligemacintegration and the fact that it provides APIs that let you make your app look a bit more like a native OS X app.

For that reason, I've checked in your original patch, so both the old and new libraries are supported, although I renamed the configure-script option to --with-osx-integration (merging the "osx" from "GtkOSXApplication" with the "integration" from "ige-mac-integration"; it's checking whether you want and, if you do, whether you have the functions for integrating the app with OS X).