Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] "Extending Wireshark with Python" deprecated?

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 10:49:43 -0400
Scott wrote:
This post is in reference to http://wiki.wireshark.org/Python.

Using the 1.0.0 and 1.2.2 source I get the following warning:
configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-python

after running these two commands in Ubuntu 9.10:
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-python

Is this not in the source anymore?

This feature was added after the 1.2 branch. You need to use one of the development builds (1.3.x) or the SVN (buildbot) builds.