Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark 1.4 & Cmake status - missing directory

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 14:29:35 +0200
On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 02:21:56AM +0100, Jose Pedro Oliveira wrote:
> But this is strange: "... without libz ... " as ENABLE_ZLIB was ON.

Same here:

Compiled (32-bit) with GLib 2.22.4, with libpcap (version unknown), without
libz, with POSIX capabilities (Linux), with libpcre 7.9, with SMI 0.4.5, with

but:

jmayer@egg:~/work/wireshark/svn/build> ldd tshark
        libz.so.1 => /lib/libz.so.1 (0xb4ec8000)

Looking further found, that the following patch broke zlib detection:

r32350 | krj | 2010-04-01 12:10:48 +0200 (Do, 01 Apr 2010) | 1 line

Sync ZLIB from CMake trunk

It not only synched the stuff (well, replaced our version by the cmake
version - which is a good thing) but also renamed it, which broke zlib
usage completely as various variable names needed to be synched as well
to reflect the new name, like renaming HAVE_LIBZ to HAVE_LIBZLIB,
Z_LIBRARIES to LIBZ_LIBRARIES.

I'll take care of it.

Thanks for testing and reporting it!

ciao