Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark 1.4

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 22:09:47 -0600
On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 08:30:24AM +0200, Jaap Keuter wrote:

> Well, as long as there are some serious usability bugs[1] I would be
> presenting the old packet list to my users. I would like to see the
> attention going to addressing these issues, and, for now, leave the
> old code in.

Wow, there are still a lot of problems.  The usability problems I've
seen have mostly been fixed.  But if there are this many problems still,
we better leave it in as an option.

I put countless hours into the new packet list before doing the first
commit about 10 months ago, which built upon countless hours that Ulf
had put into a prototype.  Since then, countless more hours have been
put into it by many others.  I know our requirement for a packet list
widget is on the complicated side, but it shouldn't be this hard.  Stop
letting us down, GTK...

--
Steve