Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark 1.4

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 08:30:24 +0200
On 05/17/2010 03:07 AM, Stephen Fisher wrote:
On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 04:40:36PM -0700, Gerald Combs wrote:

If you have added a new feature in the past year, please review the
release notes to make sure it's listed.

Besides the initial new packet list work, it looks like I didn't add
many visible features in the last year:

   - The new packet list's columns can be dragged and drop to re-order
   - capinfos now displays the snapshot length of a capture file
   - Wireshark now properly detects MIT Kerberos 1.5 and higher

Not sure if the second two are even worth mentioning though, especially
the third.

The new packet list has been a default on feature for a while now.  Are
we going to pull the old code/configure script option for this release
or leave it in?

Well, as long as there are some serious usability bugs[1] I would be presenting the old packet list to my users. I would like to see the attention going to addressing these issues, and, for now, leave the old code in.

Thanks,
Jaap

[1] http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/OptimizePacketList