Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] License Problem? Was: [Wireshark-commits] rev 32785 ...

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 16:34:53 -0700
On May 13, 2010, at 3:36 PM, Guy Harris wrote:

> has, but that might be the same operation (if TN3270 just sends a 3270 data stream over the wire).  If somebody wants to write up some code that takes two bytes and turns them into a row and column address, reversing the transformation described on that page - *without* looking at the TN3270 dissector - and send them to me or the list for inclusion in that routine, that might help.  (I've already seen the offending code, so I'm not sure I should write any replacement.)

Well, I found an online version of the IBM 3270 data stream programmer's reference, and redid that whole section of code a bit differently - having forgotten what the heck that macro was doing (a rare time I can be grateful for short-term memory not making it into long-term memory :-)) - and am compiling it now.  The new version also indicates the address format in the protocol tree item (14-bit binary or 12-bit coded), and also specially handles the format that manual claims is reserved.  (Oh, and it notes that we don't handle 16-bit addressing.)

I'll check that in, and revert the license.