Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] clang analysis

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 16:41:16 -0400
Kaul wrote:
On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 10:55 PM, Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

On Sat, May 01, 2010 at 10:57:51PM +0300, Kaul wrote:

I've ran clang static analyser on SVN latest and got the following:
Obviously, there's little chance I can fix all of them. I can try fix
a few from the dissectors I'm familiar with, though.

Oy Vey! I've just built clang from SVN and now it finds 3354 bugs.
Regretfully, its report is not file based - it just shows them one after
another, not sorted by file.
I'm not even sure how to open a bug on so many files, and it would be quite
difficult go through each file and report the bug. The report ( 6 HTMLs,
uncompressed) is 1.8MB - should I perhaps zip and file a single bug?
I'm almost done with the fixes to packet-ssl.c, but there are so many
others...
Y.

I did a build using clang a while back and came to the conclusion that I would focus what appeared to be real problems (null-pointer deref, etc) as for me "life was too short" to try to fix all the dead code & etc.