Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] tshark (Windows) not working

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 16:08:19 -0400
Hi Bill,
No, I didn't update the compiler, only the SDK.  Within the Overview section of
the SDK page, it mentions the following:

"This SDK is compatible with Visual Studio® 2008, including Visual Studio
Express Editions, ..."

See: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=c17ba869-9671-4330-a63e-1fd44e0e2505

But again, the problem seems to be related to this missing
zlib1.dll.manifest file.  Searching for all manifests following a distclean
reveals only the following:

cmaynard@HQCMAYNARD2 /cygdrive/c/wireshark-win32-libs
$ find . -name \*.manifest
./gtk2/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache.exe.manifest

cmaynard@HQCMAYNARD2 /cygdrive/c/wireshark/vs2008ee
$ find . -name \*.manifest
./packaging/u3/win32/u3util.exe.manifest
./plugins/agentx/agentx.dll.manifest
./plugins/artnet/artnet.dll.manifest
./plugins/ciscosm/ciscosm.dll.manifest
./plugins/enttec/enttec.dll.manifest
./plugins/infiniband/infiniband.dll.manifest
./plugins/lwres/lwres.dll.manifest
./plugins/opsi/opsi.dll.manifest
./plugins/pcli/pcli.dll.manifest
./plugins/rlm/rlm.dll.manifest
./plugins/rtnet/rtnet.dll.manifest
./plugins/rudp/rudp.dll.manifest
./plugins/sbus/sbus.dll.manifest
./plugins/v5ua/v5ua.dll.manifest

- Chris

Meier, Bill wrote:
>Note: A while back I found that VS2010 (VC10) no longer generates
>manifest files as a default. (search for previous -dev EMails on using
>VC10).
>
>Did updating the SDK update the compilier ??
>
> From your link above ...
>
>The Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 provides the
>documentation, samples, header files, libraries, and tools (including
>C++ compilers) ....
>

>Bill
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this email are confidential
and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. If you receive this
email in error, please delete it from your system immediately and
notify us either by email, telephone or fax. You should not copy,
forward, or otherwise disclose the content of the email.