Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Best way to handle a variable-length NULL-terminated string

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 10:30:22 -0700
On May 3, 2010, at 8:08 AM, Jeremy O'Brien wrote:

> Separated by.

...which means you can't use tvb_get_stringz() - or tvb_strsize() - for the *last* string, as there's no NUL at the end.

That means that, if you don't know which string is the last one, you can't use it for *any* string - it means that a string is terminated either by NUL or by the end of the packet.