Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] DreamSpark

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 18:13:29 -0400
I guess these links explain the main difference as far as I can tell:

MSDNAA:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/academic/bb250622.aspx, and

http://blogs.msdn.com/gautam/archive/2010/01/19/using-software-created-with-msdnaa-tools-licensing-issues.aspx?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AcademicCareBloggautamsBlog+%28Academic+Care+Blog+%28Gautam%27s+Blog%29%29

The key takeaway here is, "You may use the software for non-commercial purposes"

vs.

DreamSpark:
http://blogs.msdn.com/gautam/archive/2008/02/19/dreamspark-free-microsoft-developer-tools-for-all-students.aspx

The key takeaway here is, "at no-charge and with no strings attached"

I have posted a query at the channel8 forum to try to find out for certain if this is indeed the key difference.  If so, it would seem that a program obtained through the DreamSpark program would be preferred over the same one obtained through the MSDNAA program.

- Chris