Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problem during compilation

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 16:56:53 +0100
On 27/04/2010 16:39, Maynard, Chris wrote:

Hi Graham,

While I don’t compile with VS2005, obviously many folks still do.  If you ever do have the time, it would probably be beneficial to others if you would post your patches, either here on –dev or through bugzilla.

Thanks.

- Chris

The problem I have is that while my changes do work for me in producing a working Wireshark, I haven't currently got the time to correctly fix all the issues with detecting the compiler version, instead of the SDK.  I suppose I should at least raise an issue on Bugzilla in case someone else can tackle it.  I'll try to do the Bugzilla thing before the end of the week.

I'm almost at the point of getting a new machine at work, and although I'll still have to use VS2005 for my day job, I'll probably put VS2008 Express in a VM (or use a linux VM) for compiling Wireshark in which case the problem will be fixed for me.

--
Regards,

Graham Bloice