Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] DISSECTOR_SUPPORT_SRC in another directory in Windows

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 11:27:40 -0400
What does your directory structure look like?  i.e., is common/ under plugins/ or off the root?  It looks to me like Windows is looking for common/ path-relative to your plugin directory so you should have "wireshark/plugins/common/support_file.c".  If you want to keep the directory structure as "wireshark/common/", then you might be able to get away with modifying your plugin's Makefile.nmake, specifically adding "../../common/support_file.obj" to your list of OBJECTS or DISSECTOR_SUPPORT_OBJECTS.  I think this will work, although it seems like a bit of hack.  I'm sure there's a better way to do this but it escapes me at the moment.

- Chris