Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Dissecting a Protocol with multiple static TCP ports

From: Craig Bumpstead <cbumpste@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 17:28:52 -0700 (PDT)
Bill,

Thanks for the quick response. That setting is off.
The first and second packets are TCP port 4435 and 21016 which it decodes. However from that point on it doesn't decode packets with TCP port 4435.

I loath posting my code, but obviously I am making a mistake somewhere.

#ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H
# include "config.h"
#endif
#include <epan/packet.h>
#define MYPROTO_PORT 21016
#define MYPROTO_PORT2 4435
static int proto_myproto= -1;
static int hf_myproto_pdu_type = -1;
static gint ett_myproto = -1;
static int hf_myproto_sequence = -1;
static int hf_myproto_spid = -1;
static int hf_myproto_messagetype = -1;

static const value_string packettypenames[] = {
{ 1, "Query Responce Message" },
{ 128, "Control Message" },
{ 255, "Free Format Message" },
{ 0, NULL }
};

void dissect_myproto(tvbuff_t *tvb, packet_info *pinfo, proto_tree *tree);

void proto_register_myproto(void)
{
static hf_register_info hf[] = {
    { &hf_myproto_pdu_type,{ "MYPROTO PDU Type", "myproto.type",FT_UINT8, BASE_HEX,VALS(packettypenames), 0x0,NULL, HFILL }},
    { &hf_myproto_sequence,{ "MYPROTO PDU Sequence Number", "myproto.sequence",FT_UINT16, BASE_HEX,NULL, 0x0,NULL, HFILL }},
    { &hf_myproto_afaspid,{ "MYPROTO PDU AFASP ID", "myproto.spid",FT_UINT16, BASE_HEX,NULL, 0x0,NULL, HFILL }},
    { &hf_myproto_messagetype,{ "MYPROTO PDU Message Type", "myproto.messagetype",FT_UINT8, BASE_HEX,NULL, 0x0,NULL, HFILL }},
                };

/* Setup protocol subtree array */
static gint *ett[] = {&ett_myproto};

proto_myproto = proto_register_protocol (
    "MY PROTO Protocol", /* name */
    "MYPROTO", /* short name */
    "myproto" /* abbrev */
                    );
proto_register_field_array(proto_myproto, hf, array_length(hf));
proto_register_subtree_array(ett, array_length(ett));
}

void proto_reg_handoff_myproto(void)
{
    static dissector_handle_t myproto_handle;
    myproto_handle = create_dissector_handle(dissect_myproto, proto_myproto);
    dissector_add("tcp.port", MYPROTO_PORT, myproto_handle);
    dissector_add("tcp.port", MYPROTO_PORT2, myproto_handle);
}
static void dissect_myproto(tvbuff_t *tvb, packet_info *pinfo, proto_tree *tree)
{
        gint offset = 0;
    guint8 packet_type = tvb_get_guint8(tvb, 0);
    col_set_str(pinfo->cinfo, COL_PROTOCOL, "MYPROTO");
    /* Clear out stuff in the info column */
    col_clear(pinfo->cinfo,COL_INFO);

if (tree) {  /*we are being asked for details */
    proto_item *ti = NULL;
    proto_tree *myproto_tree = NULL;
    ti = proto_tree_add_item(tree, proto_myproto, tvb, 0, -1, FALSE);
    myproto_tree = proto_item_add_subtree(ti, ett_myproto);
    proto_tree_add_item(myproto_tree, hf_myproto_pdu_type, tvb, offset, 1, FALSE); offset += 1;
    proto_tree_add_item(myproto_tree, hf_myproto_sequence, tvb, offset, 2, FALSE); offset += 2;
    proto_tree_add_item(myproto_tree, hf_myproto_afaspid, tvb, offset, 2, FALSE); offset += 2;
    proto_tree_add_item(myproto_tree, hf_myproto_messagetype, tvb, offset, 1, FALSE); offset += 1;
}
}