Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problem during compilation

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:58:29 +0100
On 26/04/2010 11:36, ankur madan wrote:
Hi,
   the error which i was getting in packet-ieee802154.c has been resolved using the patch given.Now i am getting following linking error:

   Creating library libwireshark.lib and object libwireshark.exp
GeoIP.lib(GeoIP.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: debugging information corrupt; recom
pile module
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\l
ink.EXE"' : return code '0x44f'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\n
make.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

As I mentioned building with VC8 (VS2005) is not easy.  You can either switch to VC 2008 (Express is free as in beer) as recommended, or edit config.nmake to disable GEOIP functionality.  You may still need to more than that though to complete a VC8 compile as the Lua library is compiled with a later version that leads to C run-time issues.

--
Regards,

Graham Bloice