Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] RFC: sorted value_string + bsearch

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 23:32:26 +0200
On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 10:04:30AM -0400, Maynard, Chris wrote:
> So, with that in mind ... is there a way, or could there be a way, to verify that certain value string arrays are properly sorted and remain so, perhaps during compilation or at least via a tools/checkXYZ.pl script?

I don't like that approach. If the array is sorted incorrectly, please
don't bail out but print a message about the fact and restart but with
an extra sorting pass in the beginning. It's bad enough we bail out in
many places in the intialization with non-descriptive asserts in proto.c,
so please don't add another one.

 Ciao
      Joerg