Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Runtime Error while starting wireshark 1.3.4 with "MATE" con

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 09:31:52 -0400
Marcel Sicking wrote:
Hello,

i have a problem starting my own wireshark built with a configured MATE-file.

Starting Wireshark breaks with a Runtime Error when trying to load the Mate-file.

To get it starting, I need to delete/rename the Mate-file that Wireshark can�t find it.

Then I just get the Errormessage �MATE failed to configure�.

The MATE-file I use works fine with other versions of Wireshark.

I am using Version 1.3.4.

Is there any logfile where I can have a look at?

MATE wasn't working in the development version. That was fixed recently. You'll need to get a buildbot build version:

http://www.wireshark.org/download/automated/

with SVN 32465 or greater for MATE to work.