Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 32529: /trunk/ /trunk/: config.nmake

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 09:54:36 -0400
etxrab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=32529

User: etxrab
Date: 2010/04/20 10:23 PM

Log:
 Add settings for "Microsoft Visual Studio 2010" note that
 Wireshark does not build with Visual studio 10 yet.

One problem I encountered building Wireshark with VS10 is that the link commands (such as for wireshark, tshark, ...) don't seem to automatically generate manifest files thus causing the following 'mt' commands to fail.

I had to add an explicit /manifest switch to each of the link commands.

The build of zlib failed for the same reason & I had to add /manifest to the link command in the zlib win32/Makefile.msc file.

I don't know much about Windows manifests so I don't know why it appears that /manifest needs to be explictly required and whether this is really the correct fix.