Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] CMake

From: Bruno Matos <bruno.matos@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:42:14 +0100
Hello,

In first place, I would like to thank you all the effort and work in wireshark, it is a every day's tool with very high quality wich proves that open source works great.

Now about CMake, thank you once again for the effort to migrate to CMake, it makes things much more easier. I had a dissector, that I wanted to build as a plugin. I made a svn checkout from the trunk, added a new subdirectory in plugins directory, copied the CMakelists.txt from asn1 plugin, made the necessary modifications to be compatible with my new plugin, added the new subdirectory to the root CMakelists.txt file and just build the new target. The target was build successfully and there it was my new 'plugin'.so (linux) file. Is that simple, or am I missing something? If it is, do you think that would be nice to put these steps somewhere?

Thank you.

Regards.

--
Bruno Matos