Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Must build all?

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 07:33:22 +0200
Hi,

You never said on what platform you develop.
In case of *nix, that depends on where your dissector lives. For a plugin it's just 'make'. For a buildin one you can use 'make -C epan && make wireshark' to speed things up. In case of Windows, that depends on where your dissector lives. For a plugin it's just 'nmake -f Makefile.nmake'. For a buildin one it's 'nmake -Makefile.nmake debug-wireshark'.
But be careful if there are additional dependancies.

Thanks,
Jaap

Send from my iPhone