Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Running a function only on first run

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 12:57:33 -0400
I think this thread will help you.
http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/201003/msg00326.html
- Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeremy O'Brien
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 12:41 PM
To: Developer support list for Wireshark
Subject: [Wireshark-dev] Running a function only on first run

Hello,

I'm trying to have Wireshark maintain a list of certain information
from packets as it receives them (using a GHashTable or a GSList, not
sure which yet). The problem I am facing is that the code in my
dissection routine that does this gets run once on each packet as they
are analyzed, but also every time I click on a packet. I understand
this is how Wireshark works, but I was wondering if there was some way
of telling if this is a "first run" analysis or a second-visiting of
the same packet, without maintaining my own variables to keep track of
this for each packet. Does this make sense?

Thanks,
Jeremy

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this email are confidential
and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. If you receive this
email in error, please delete it from your system immediately and
notify us either by email, telephone or fax. You should not copy,
forward, or otherwise disclose the content of the email.