Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Build my own "foo" dissector example, Plugin/Protocol not visibl

From: "Koglin, Patrick" <Patrick.Koglin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 16:01:47 +0200
Title: Build my own "foo" dissector example, Plugin/Protocol not visible

Hey,

I make my first steps with wireshark and a own dissector. For testing I send only UDP packages with integers on network and I can see the traffic and content in wireshark as "UDP" Protocol.

Now I want to test my own "foo" protocol dissector. Also I followed the examples in readme.plugins/readme.developers and the documentation on wireshark.org. State of my dissector is final. I can generate it with "make" without errors and I can build wireshark with "make". Its only the standard implementation, buts thats ok - the implementation follow in nex step.

My current problem is, I cant see the plugin/protocol in wireshark. I looked at wireshark preferences (=> protocols), or I looked ad context menue "decode as". Nowhere any "myfoo" protocol. The other protocols like ehtercat, gryphon, asn1, couldn´t found, too.

Where can I find my protcol/the other plugins? They perhabs aren´t within my build?

I develop on current Ubuntu version with wireshark 1.2.6.

Thanks.
Patrick Koglin