Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark 1.2.6 Run Time Error

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 11:09:26 -0400
Please don't file a bug report for bugs in your own dissector.

You might try running tools/check*.pl on your dissector and closely examining the BASE_* and FT_* types you've used to be sure you're using valid types for the chosen BASE (Refer to README.developer for more information).  Invalid FT_'s seems to be a common problem lately.  Other than that, you might try using a debugger to step through your dissector to find out where it crashes.

- Chris