Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Packet Size limited during capture message
From: Bill Meier <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 23:36:42 -0400
Brian Oleksa wrote:
Bill

Ok...so I found out that it crashes on frame 17641.

It only took a couple of minuets to find it. But now what do I do with this info..??
The idea is that it's sometimes easier a to debug a wireshark/tshark
crash when you have a file with a single frame which causes the crash.
You can't really escape using a debugger (altho you can try putting
print statements in strategic places in your dissector instead).
If you're not familiar with using the Microsoft Visual Studio (VC9)
debugger, in the long run it's  worth investing the time to learn how.
See http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/Tips