Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Capture -> Options forces reprocessing of all packets

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 16:40:56 -0400

If I load a capture file then bring up the “Capture -> Options” dialog, it forces all packets to be re-processed.  I was just wondering why that happens.  Is that expected behavior or should I file a bug report for it?  It seems like a bug to me as I can’t figure out why it would need to reprocess all the packets in that case.  It’s particularly annoying if you’ve got a large capture file opened and only wanted to check the capture options used, not actually start a new capture.

Thanks.

- Chris

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this email are confidential
and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. If you receive this
email in error, please delete it from your system immediately and
notify us either by email, telephone or fax. You should not copy,
forward, or otherwise disclose the content of the email.