Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Using DISSECTOR_SUPPORT_SRC

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 16:38:57 -0400
Jeremy O'Brien wrote:
Hello,

I have a perfectly working dissector, but I wanted to move a very
large struct I have in it into its own C file. So I moved it (still
keeping it static),

Bingo ! (iow: keeping it not global)

declared an extern to it in the original file, and
added the new c file to DISSECTOR_SUPPORT_SRC in Makefile.common in my
plugin's directory. After (re)compiling wireshark, I get an undefined
symbol error at runtime referencing this moved struct. So I tried
moving the filename into DISSECTOR_SRC instead, and this also failed
with the same error. Clearly I am doing something wrong.

Have I missed a necessary file that I need to edit? Or am I going
about this the completely wrong way?

Any help is greatly appreciated.