Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] gprs-ns / nsip dissectors

From: Anders Broman <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 09:36:13 +0100

From: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Morrin
Sent: den 18 mars 2010 08:46
To: Developer support list for Wireshark
Subject: [Wireshark-dev] gprs-ns / nsip dissectors

 > I have noticed that we have duplicate dissectors for GSM 48.016:  packet-gprs-ns.c and packet-nsip.c.

 > Do we have a policy of removing duplicate dissectors?

Not realy, but we should remove duplicates if possible I think. The problem is that we recive dissectors for protocols we may not know

much about.

Both of these appear to be well written, and work OK, but I prefer the output of packet-nsip, as it is less cluttered (e.g. dissecting NS block) and seems

to be updated to a later version of 3GPP (understands SDU control bits).

If it is useful I could check more carefully that packet-nsip.c is complete as a precursor to removing packet-gprs-ns.c?

Mike

Please do.

Regards

Anders

This message contains confidential information and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete the message immediately.

ip.access ltd, registration number 3400157, Building 2020,
Cambourne Business Park, Cambourne, Cambridge CB23 6DW, United Kingdom