Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] use tshark as part of one application
From: Jeff Morriss <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 17:19:20 -0500
yassine antir wrote:
Hi,

i am working in one application where am using tshark. i have two issues to fix:
1) i am using the tshark code on my application so we can say in other
words thark is the listening part of the application
the application is multithreading one where multiple threads share the
libwireshark librairies and use the same tshark functions
the problem is that an assertion acquired (my case in ftypes file (don*t
re-register) and probably there is more assertions afterwards) in case i
am trying to create multiple threads
libwireshark is NOT thread safe.  If you're using multiple threads,
you'd need one lock to prevent more than one thread from entering
libwireshark simultaneously.
2) the second issue is that i need to use functions of ringbuffer.h but i got undefined reference of it when linking although ringbuffer.c is part of the application i tried to define function as extern in the header but doesnt resolve problem
You mean that the application is linked against ringbuffer.o?  What
symbols give the problem?