Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark and Google Summer of Code 2010

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 22:33:58 +0100
On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 12:37:06PM -0800, Gerald Combs wrote:
> Joerg Mayer wrote:
> > Before we go too deeply into the technical aspects of as GSoC project:
> > Is anyone willing to *mentor* any project(s) and this project in particluar?
> > Without mentors and organizers, this will not work.
>
> I could probably be a mentor. The Mentoring Organization Application
> requires a primary and backup administrator. Would anyone else like to
> participate?

Hey, great! I only consider myself unfit as a mentor, while acting as a
project administrator just sounds boring/tedious - no problem with
that. So unless someone else volunteers, I step up for the job.
Having a backup admin is good (being required to *always* answer within
48 hours if Google wants something can be inconvienient in times of
bad connectivity).
We do have a time problem: The registration process for gsoc mentoring
organizations (not projects!) started today (8th) and ends on the 12th.

I'm reading
http://code.google.com/soc/
and
http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2010/faqs
and
http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/program/google/gsoc2009/orgcriteria

I'll report back later. If someone would be willing to act as admin or
backup admin or just help out with the registration proecess please let
me know. Also, maybe someone has participated in another project that
successfully applied, if so, maybe you can share what the dos and donts
are.

ciao
   Joerg