Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] need to read three bytes of offset

From: prashanth s <prbanglore@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 01:30:04 +0530
Hi Harris,

Nopes. But the values that appear in the pcap -  for example,  ba cf need to be interpreted by my parser as ba cf(this is the value,for example, that the company talks about. Hence it may be assumed that the byte order followed by the company is Big Endian.
So would this mean that the 3 bytes appearing on the pcap also follow the Big Endianness?

Regards,
Prashanth

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 11:42 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mar 4, 2010, at 10:08 AM, prashanth joshi wrote:

> Thanks Harris for the response. In our case the functional spec of the company says that the offset is a three byte field.

Does it say whether it's in network byte order or little-endian byte order?