Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] malformed packet

From: Brian Oleksa <oleksab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 07:45:01 -0500
Jakub

That worked..!!

Thank you very much.

Brian

Jakub Zawadzki wrote:
On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 03:17:43PM -0500, Brian Oleksa wrote:
/* ***** BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK *****
 * Version: DCSPL 1.1
 *
 * The contents of this file are subject to the Dark Corner Software Public
 * License Version 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in
 * compliance with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
 * http://www.darkcornersoftware.com/DCSPL/
 *
 * Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS"
 * basis, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.  See the
 * License for the specific language governing rights and limitations
 * under the License.
 *
 * The Initial Developer of the Original Code is Dark Corner Software LLC.
 * Portions created by Dark Corner Software LLC are Copyright (C) 2007 Dark
 * Corner Software LLC.  All Rights Reserved.
 *
 * Contributor(s):
 *   None
 *
 */

Your licence DCSPL is based on MPL licence (acording to http://www.darkcornersoftware.com/DCSPL/license.html point 14)
which is incompatible with GNU GPL licence (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#MPL)

[...]

            for (;;) {
                guint16 code;
                guint16 numBytes = 0;
                guint unknownPacket = 0;
                guint codeOffset;
                offset = orig_offset;
		    	code = tvb_get_ntohs(tvb, offset);
                codeOffset = offset;
                offset += 2;

You need to move these two lines of code:

                numBytes = tvb_get_ntohs(tvb, offset);
                offset += 2;
[...]

                if (code == 0) {
                    break;
                }

here:

                /* GPS: */
                if (code == 1) {
[...]

It should work. If don't can you attach pcap with some helen packets?