Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] malformed packet

From: Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 22:43:04 +0100

Your licence DCSPL is based on MPL licence (acording to http://www.darkcornersoftware.com/DCSPL/license.html point 14)
which is incompatible with GNU GPL licence (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#MPL)

> [...]
>
>             for (;;) {
>                 guint16 code;
>                 guint16 numBytes = 0;
>                 guint unknownPacket = 0;
>                 guint codeOffset;
>                 offset = orig_offset;
> 		    	code = tvb_get_ntohs(tvb, offset);
>                 codeOffset = offset;
>                 offset += 2;

You need to move these two lines of code:

>                 numBytes = tvb_get_ntohs(tvb, offset);
>                 offset += 2;
> [...]

>                 if (code == 0) {
>                     break;
>                 }

here:

>                 /* GPS: */
>                 if (code == 1) {
> [...]

It should work. If don't can you attach pcap with some helen packets?