Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] emem.c:732: failed assertion [sort-of-SOLVED]

From: Luis EG Ontanon <luis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 16:42:42 +0100
On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 3:38 PM, varname <varname@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> just to follow up on this
>

>> results in a failed assertion whenever http_media.len is rather large
>> (I'm guessing larger than 5MB from the text of the assertion). The
>> assertion itself:
>
> That was a typo, it's actually ~2.5MB, as its shifted right by two
> positions.
>

>> The source (emem.c:731) states that the limit set is 'arbitrary';
>> anything that can be done other than changing the limit in the source
>> and recompiling it?
>
> Don't know if it's the only way, but changing the limit to 10MB fixed it
> for my situation.

It might have worked it arround until an 11Mb request overflows it again.

What it should be done IMHO is to g_malloc()ate the block directly if
it happens to be bigger than the limit instead of failing. (and of
course that would need to be freed as the ep-memory gets renewed).

\L
-- Marshall McLuhan