Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] emem.c:732: failed assertion [sort-of-SOLVED]

From: varname <varname@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 15:38:14 +0100

just to follow up on this

results in a failed assertion whenever http_media.len is rather large (I'm guessing larger than 5MB from the text of the assertion). The assertion itself:

That was a typo, it's actually ~2.5MB, as its shifted right by two positions.

The source (emem.c:731) states that the limit set is 'arbitrary'; anything that can be done other than changing the limit in the source and recompiling it?

Don't know if it's the only way, but changing the limit to 10MB fixed it for my situation.