Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Problems installing wireshark on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10

From: "Osis Ellen-MGIA0856" <eosis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 09:32:36 -0500
1. Tried to install and build wireshark, which said it required GTK+ 2.4 or later.
2. Installed gtk+2.18.7 which said it needed atk, pango, cairo
3. Installed pango which said it needed cairo
4. Installled cairo which said
   checking for cairo's PNG functions feature...
   configure: WARNING: Could not find libpng in the pkg-config search path
   checking whether cairo's PNG functions feature could be enabled... no
   configure: error: recommended PNG functions feature could not be enabled

Found libpng12.so
./usr/lib/libpng12.so.0.1.2.8
./usr/lib/libpng.so.3
./usr/lib/libpng12.so.0
./usr/lib/libpng.so.3.1.2.8
Added /usr/lib to PKG_CONFIG_PATH
echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/share/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig:/opt/kde3/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/gnome/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/gnome/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/gnome/share/pkgconfig:/usr/lib
Can someone tell me what I now need to download and build?

Thanks for any help.  Just don't want to screw up my current installation of SUSE.