Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Lua script: get to HTTP GET / POST body [sort-of-SOLVED]

From: varname <varname@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 15:43:22 +0100
Stig Bj�rlykke wrote:
Have a look at my mail regarding a similar issue:
http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/201002/msg00250.html

yes I saw that message, thank you for the patch (I'm currently using that build).

A problem I run into is that I want to dump the contents of the userdata I get to a file, but to do that I apparently need to convert it first to a string (otherwise a Lua error pops up: "bad argument, string expected, got userdata").

Conversion gets me a long hex-string, while I'd rather directly have binary.

I've tried to find anything on userdata serialisation but it seems it is not possible (at least not from only within Lua).

Do you see any other ways to do this?