Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Fwd: wireshark file not showing all packets but showing only

From: Abhik Sarkar <sarkar.abhik@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 15:29:01 +0400
I might be making a silly assumption here, but you said you made the captures using tcpdump. To me that indicates that the file was not created on the Windows XP machine.

Is there any chance that you transferred the file from a Unix/Linux box to the XP machine in ASCII mode? That could cause the file to get corrupt.