Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Fwd: wireshark file not showing all packets but showing only

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 12:47:14 -0800
On Feb 19, 2010, at 12:30 PM, prashanth s wrote:

> It shows in the pcap at the bottom: Packets: 3481   Displayed: 3481    Marked : 0
> But actually only the first frame is displayed.

If this is on a UN*X (Linux, *BSD, Solaris, Mac OS X, etc.), what does the "file" command say when you run it on the pcap file?

What happens if you run TShark on it?  Does it print all the packets?

Is the machine on which it was working OK the same machine as the machine where it isn't working?  If so, did you change anything (for example, updating any software, including libraries), in the past couple of days?