Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Malformed packet

From: Brian Oleksa <oleksab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:49:02 -0500

Why would I be getting a Malformed Packet error..??

I wrote a dissector where I am dissecting several packets to which I am very happy with the outcome in the wireshark gui. I am getting exactly what I am expecting to get (as I hard coded the data in the packets).

But at the end of every packet... I get this highlighted pink line that says "Malformed Packet".

Again....I am very happy with the outcome of all the packets that I am dissecting (which tells me that my dissector "appears" to be working properly).

Any ideas..??

Thanks,
Brian