Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Installation problem with wireshark 1.2.7

From: "Jayapal Reddy (jayaredd)" <jayaredd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:35:47 +0530

Hi Gerald,
Thanks for your response.
Can you elaborate more for this to get resolved.

My target is :
if we develop the wireshark setup with VC++ 2008 EE as mentioned step by step guide lines “http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSetupWin32.html, it should work without the dependency on the VC++ 2008 EE installation again or any other dependencies in the target environment.

Thanks,
Jayapal

Jayapal Reddy (jayaredd) wrote:

> Hi Jaap,
> Thanks for your reply.
> I have taken the code using SVN from
> http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/wireshark/trunk-1.2/
> And I have changed one file plugins directory and build in windows
> environment

You might want to take a look at

Specifically the note that says

Visual C++ Express does not create %PROGDIR%\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\VC\Redist\ during installation on the development computer. To
redistribute Visual C++ libraries with applications built with Visual
C++ Express, please use Visual C++ Redistributable Packages
(VCRedist_*.exe). See section "Deploying Visual C++ library DLLs as
shared assemblies" above for more information.